Thursday, December 17, 2009

Lil Wayne's "Rebirth" is Peaking My Interest


"Lil Wayne - Knockout (Feat. Nicki Minaj)" [From the already leaked but upcoming album "Rebirth"]
==> LISTEN/DL <==

I'm not a huge Lil Wayne stan, but when I heard about his desire to venture outside of Hip Hop and produce a rock album I thought inevitably that he was creating career suicide. Particularly, given his rise to the top echelon of the hip hop plethora, it appeared that Wayne was going a bit Kanye 808 on us and I thought that the fruits of that labor would produce mix results. Well after announcing an album push back to next year and Amazon shipping out copies of the album to those who pre-ordered (the original album release date was December 15th), the album has leaked and upon taking a listen at the track "Knockout" I would have to say that my ear have perked up and I am thoroughly intrigued. I am all for artist that make a concerted effort to bend formats and mix genres so lets see what kind of "Rebirth" Wayne has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin